Registration for entry to Years 10 & 11 in 2022 is now open.
Enrolment positions at Years 10 and 11 are limited as they depend on vacancies arising.
Prospective students must register to sit the entrance examination in the year prior to enrolment. After the exam has been held, a waiting list will then be created and eligible students will be invited to attend an interview with the Principal should a vacancy arise.
- Closing Date: Friday 28 May 2021
- Examination Date: Wednesday 9 June 2021
- Students must either be Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, holders of a PERMANENT Resident’s Visa or holder of a visa or ImmiCard which would exempt them from paying International Student Fees to attend a Victorian government school at the time of this application. Evidence of Australian Citizenship (Birth Certificate or Australian Passport) or holding of a PERMANENT Resident’s Visa is required at the time of the test.
- Interstate or overseas applicants please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for Nossal High School are open to all current Year 9 & 10 students.
- The examination is specific to the selective entry high schools only – Melbourne High School, The Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School, Nossal High School and Suzanne Cory High School. Students must sit this specific examination. Students applying to any of these four schools will sit the entrance examination once only.
- For applicants only applying to Melbourne High School as well as Nossal High School and/or Suzanne Cory High School, students will sit the entrance examination once only. The registration first submitted will be allocated as the sitting school and the student will sit the test at this school. This cannot be changed after the 31st of May. Please note that the venue capacity at any one particular school may mean seating allocations need to be amended.
- For applicants applying to The Mac.Roberston Girls’ High School as well as Nossal High School and/or Suzanne Cory High School, students will sit the entrance examination once only and at The Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School.
- Results from the examination will be transferred to the selective entry high schools to which the student has submitted an application.
- Students must submit individual applications to each school and comply with the special application conditions, shown on each school’s website.